Ebay Auction statement - Nonsense, right?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scruffy56

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is nonsense, right???? I'm not interested in the guitar, but curious about the statement.

"This is a Tokai ALS-48 Love Rock.
Although this is a Korean model, it is a genuine Tokai that was originally sold through and authorized by Tokai Japan. (unlike most of the korean made versions coming from Canada. Most of those are being built for Active Musical Products by a factory in Korea and are not authorized by Tokai.)"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=880453066

Cheers!
Rob

I think this is bunk. Active is listed on Tokai's own web page as their north american distributor. According to Active they ONLY sell Japan Tokai, NO korean tokai.
johnny atomic

This is the biggest load of crap I've ever seen. Active is the official North American distributor for Tokai. The only guitars that have been built exclusively for Active were the 2001 LE Love Rocks. But they were still officially licensed by Tokai as they were made by Tokai in Tokai's Korean factory.

Just some idiot trying to deceive people.

Ned

For a supposedly "authorized" Korean Love Rock, looks like the high bidder got a really good deal. I wonder if the seller has any more Tokai Les Paul copies to sell that cheap. Heck, I'd even take an "evil" one out of the "unauthorized Canadian stock" for that price... (Some people crack me up...)

There seems to be a lot of confusion over Tokai these days. I never even heard of them until a couple of months ago. I bought one at a real good price because nobody was buying them. At the time I didn't know there were Korean Tokais. It turns out that mine is a MIJ but I have to take the music stores word because there are no serial Nos. on 2001 Canadian Sold Tokais.

I don't care because I bought it based on the sound and feel not it's place of birth.

It would be nice to see a 2001 catalog to end all the bs. Tokais' web page is not very extensive either.

Latest posts

Back