Help me identify my Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyClar

Reaction score
Hi All - this is my first post
I recently swapped my Yamaha Acoustic for a Tokai Lock Rock - I think from the serial number 0203032 it is a Japanese 2002 but I have no idea about model or series - can you please help?

tokai4.png
tokai3.png

tokai2.png

tokai1.png

Thanks for reading

I would think it's what today rates as an LS95F in Cherry Sunburst (CS). Spec's are here http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/vintage/ls95f.html

Have a look at the other models - if it's got higher spec bridge, tailpiece, cap's etc or a one piece back it's a higher model. It'll have a veneer top and a two piece back.

LS95F are excellant guitars for the money.

Dave

Hi Guys thanks for the replies

It a one piece solid mahogany body and a two piece flame maple top

Is there anything else I would need to look for?

Thanks Again

I'll bet it has a 2 piece body, Tokai joins can be very hard to see.It looks like a LS-75-80 from 2002, so it will have a flame maple veneer over a 2 piece maple top. You still got a very good deal. These are excellent guitars.
If you pull the front pickup out there may be the model number in the cavity, it will have a medium tenon neck joint as well.

Mick

Ok well the join must be perfect as cannot see it at all and had others looking too :-?

But will take the pick up out and check for model number

Thanks very much for your reply

One last thing what would you expect to pay for one of these second hand in mint condition?

Well in Japan the list price is now 105000 yen with a hard case, that equates to $1162 US dollars, second hand is a little harder to work out but its in great condition so i suppose 750 US or slightly more would be a good price. This also depends where it was bought as the retailers have their mark up on top as well so the !!62 US is what they sell for in Japan it would be more if bought overseas. Where are you situated?

Mick

When you remove the front pickup could you post a pic of the cavity please, all the Tokai's have the long tenon route but only the high end models will actually have the tenon filling that route.

Mick

Looks a lot like my LS80 eh Mick?
My guess is that it's the 2002 equivilent to my LS80....brilliant guitars and the best bang for buck LP you'll find (IMHO).
I'll never part with mine 8)

Yeah, it does look like yours Oze and yours is a beauty... :wink:

Don't worry about us guys we have our own "mutual admiration society"..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:

Mick

Hi Guys thanks for all the replies - I am based in the UK - didn't buy the guitar from a retailer swapped it with a friend who wanted one of mine - will post a picture of the cavity this evening - I know all about admiring guitars my dad has about 15 LOL

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay - I have photographed the cavity and the model - it looks like LS 90 F or it could be a 70?

Any thoughts?

tokai011.jpg

tokai9.jpg

Don't higher end models have a one piece neck? That's a question not a fact, as I'm reading current specs and this could have differed to an older Tokai.

It does look like it's probably an LS-70F model, which is a mid range Tokai Love Rock but nonetheless bloody brilliant.

70-75 -80 -85 -90 -100 F are all the same guitars. That one looks like it says 90F, very nice guitar. All the MIJ Tokai's have a 1 piece neck, just the higher end ones have a longer tenon.

Mick

Thanks so much for all the replies - I will now stop wondering and start enjoying :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back