Help... What Tokai LR this actually is?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy K

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a newbie here and I need help determining the exact model of my Tokai Love Rock. I bought it '97 and it has no serial number(or haven't found). Here's a picture:

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/sammyk/014.jpg

I like it's playability a lot and I've changed the pickups(not in the pic) Seymour duncan Pearly gates(neck) and JB SH-4(bridge), so now the tone is what I need :smile:

Keep on rockin'

Thanx

Hard to tell from your pic. It certainly isn't an early 80's model. You can spot that by the sharp point to the florentine cutaway. So much later I'd say. I'll pass it over to my learned colleagues.

... Yeah, Maybe it's a Korean model, but it's certainly ain't JUST a Korean model... I need more exact data about it... ALS-36 maybe? And is it true that no-one here (or no-one at all) can ultimately REALLY tell if it's Korean or Japanese (regardless of the missing serial). Still I do think it's Korean, 'coz of the terrible work done on the inlay( I'm a guitarbuilder, u know =D ) Well, anyway... Good playability, Not so great craftmanship but works OK...

It appears to have one of the two style of bell-shaped truss rod covers, and possibly the open book headstock with dimple (although its hard from the picture) indicating it's from the 80's. It doesn't have the eliptical truss rod cover from Korea, although that could have been changed. I've never seen a cutaway like that however.

Latest posts

Back