tokai is getting just a bit ridiculous

Tokai guitar discussion

Moderators: ian, ned

leadguitar_323
Guitar God
Posts: 3534
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post by leadguitar_323 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:17 pm

vaporboy wrote:So, just out of interest are both my Tokais Fakais? (pictures posted earlier) My apologies for starting a mini WW3 bye the way !!
I'm not too sure with the Rick copy, Tokai did make these and i am looking at one in the 2000 catalogue as i type this although it is a 6 string it looks almost identical. The Love Rock looks ok as well, does it have cream rear covers?, As i've said, there were Korean LR's with no serial number so this may very well be one of them. Does anyone know if the Korean love rocks had a scarf jointed neck? This is the only thing i am not too sure about.
I'll get back to you..

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

greco_burst
Guitar God
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:41 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Post by greco_burst » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:37 pm

If he bridge is the type that has the screwdriver slot for heigt adjustment and if the neck is scarfed would be Korean Tokai, if it has that type of bridge and a 1 piece neck would be the Fakai.

vaporboy
Guitar God
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 23, 2002 6:00 pm

Post by vaporboy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:15 pm

Yep screwdriver slots and scarf joint - must have been the outpouring of love after all !!!!

SUSHI GUY
Guitar God
Posts: 629
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:40 pm
Location: CHINA
Contact:

Post by SUSHI GUY » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:17 pm

vaporboy wrote:Yep screwdriver slots and scarf joint - must have been the outpouring of love after all !!!!
8) thats what exactly marcus was saying very strongly yesterday........

this was his message.......


"Can't you just feel my love here, folks? Now, what's for the love? :wink: "

cfriars
Plucker
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:44 pm

Post by cfriars » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:18 pm

I bought what I thought was a Tokai Guitar from LA Music in Mississauga Ontario Canada but after reading these forums I have a Fakai but its a damn nice guitar, its heavy as hell and has really nice tone. Tokai,Burny and several others have knocked off Gibson Les Pauls for years and now someone is knocking off the knock offs and doing a fine good job of it.

SUSHI GUY
Guitar God
Posts: 629
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:40 pm
Location: CHINA
Contact:

Post by SUSHI GUY » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:18 pm

8) and whats for the dinner tonight mickman?........

joe.

SUSHI GUY
Guitar God
Posts: 629
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:40 pm
Location: CHINA
Contact:

Post by SUSHI GUY » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:21 pm

cfriars wrote:I bought what I thought was a Tokai Guitar from LA Music in Mississauga Ontario Canada but after reading these forums I have a Fakai but its a damn nice guitar, its heavy as hell and has really nice tone. Tokai,Burny and several others have knocked off Gibson Les Pauls for years and now someone is knocking off the knock offs and doing a fine good job of it.
8) officially no but +25!

leadguitar_323
Guitar God
Posts: 3534
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post by leadguitar_323 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:48 pm

cfriars wrote:I bought what I thought was a Tokai Guitar from LA Music in Mississauga Ontario Canada but after reading these forums I have a Fakai but its a damn nice guitar, its heavy as hell and has really nice tone. Tokai,Burny and several others have knocked off Gibson Les Pauls for years and now someone is knocking off the knock offs and doing a fine good job of it.
I'm glad you like it. Now, Tokai and the rest you mentioned DO NOT SAY GIBSON ON THE HEADSTOCK, they are replicas,not fakes, these Canadian guitars are fraudulent rip offs directly trading off Tokai's good name, that is a substantial difference.

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

SUSHI GUY
Guitar God
Posts: 629
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:40 pm
Location: CHINA
Contact:

Post by SUSHI GUY » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:16 pm

SUSHI GUY wrote:8) and whats for the dinner tonight mickman?........

joe.

stratmoto
Guitar God
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:12 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by stratmoto » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:59 pm

leadguitar_323 wrote: Does anyone know if the Korean love rocks had a scarf jointed neck? This is the only thing i am not too sure about.
I'll get back to you..
Mick
Mick,

Yes, the set neck models were all scarf jointed.

As far as the LP goes, there are 2...no 3 things that just don't gel.

1. TKM?
2. Pointers on Vol and Tone controls. Nice touch, but not factory.
3. The TRC is offset towards the bass strings. Not a true sign of Fakai, but Tokai seem to always get it centred.

The Ric...absolutely no experience there sorry.

Peter
Atheism is a non-prophet organization

leadguitar_323
Guitar God
Posts: 3534
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post by leadguitar_323 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:49 am

stratmoto wrote:
leadguitar_323 wrote: Does anyone know if the Korean love rocks had a scarf jointed neck? This is the only thing i am not too sure about.
I'll get back to you..
Mick
Mick,

Yes, the set neck models were all scarf jointed.

As far as the LP goes, there are 2...no 3 things that just don't gel.

1. TKM?
2. Pointers on Vol and Tone controls. Nice touch, but not factory.
3. The TRC is offset towards the bass strings. Not a true sign of Fakai, but Tokai seem to always get it centred.

The Ric...absolutely no experience there sorry.

Peter
Thanks Peter, i didn't notice the pointers but they could have been added, its the TKM i'm trying to work out. The Rick copies in the catalogues have the same hardware as far as i can tell but i have never seen a 12 string version. I'll do some digging and see what i can come up with.

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

leadguitar_323
Guitar God
Posts: 3534
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post by leadguitar_323 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:50 am

SUSHI GUY wrote:8) and whats for the dinner tonight mickman?........

joe.
You ask some funny questions Joe... :D Ckicken for dinner tonight..

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

SUSHI GUY
Guitar God
Posts: 629
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:40 pm
Location: CHINA
Contact:

Post by SUSHI GUY » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:53 am

8) "TKM" maybe means......

-To-Kai-Model.........

-The-Kanadian-Model......

-The kanadian Market......??

-The korean-Model..........


-The-Korean-Made..........???


-To-kill-me.................

-The-killing- Me...........

-The-Kopy-Model........

-The-killer-Mick..........?



8) "TKM" model........?

SUSHI GUY
Guitar God
Posts: 629
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:40 pm
Location: CHINA
Contact:

Post by SUSHI GUY » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:56 am

leadguitar_323 wrote:
SUSHI GUY wrote:8) and whats for the dinner tonight mickman?........

joe.
You ask some funny questions Joe... :D Ckicken for dinner tonight..

Mick

:wink: its all just jokes mickman.......dont forget good soy sauce for your chickin tonight! tomorrow mick.....j

leadguitar_323
Guitar God
Posts: 3534
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post by leadguitar_323 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:04 am

SUSHI GUY wrote:8) "TKM" maybe means......

-To-Kai-Model.........

-The-Kanadian-Model......

-The kanadian Market......??

-The korean-Model..........


-The-Korean-Made..........???


-To-kill-me.................

-The-killing- Me...........

-The-Kopy-Model........

-The-killer-Mick..........?



8) "TKM" model........?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

Post Reply