Help Confirming MIJ Breezysound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetcan

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I bought this Breezysound from a very reputable dealer here in Ontario back in 2002. At the time he was selling both Goldstar and Breezy Sound guitars. There was certainly a big price difference and a noticable difference in quality between the 2. Unfortunately there are no markings on it at all that would identify it as MIJ and I was hoping someone could help. All I could find was a "3 8" or possibly "8 E" under the neck pickup. I have the original pups and there's nothing on them either. :)

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

What year or era was it represented as? That would help I think, along with the serial number.

The neck is likely to be legit because of the unique headstock. I can't see anyone copying that funny shape, but I could be wrong.

I bought it brand new so I would say a 2002 or possibly 2001. I personally have no doubt that it's MIJ but I sure can't see any way of proving it :lol:

No serial numbers or anything although I don't believe that's unusual for the later models.

Cali Girl said:
What year or era was it represented as? That would help I think, along with the serial number.

The neck is likely to be legit because of the unique headstock. I can't see anyone copying that funny shape, but I could be wrong.

Just got a reply from Tokai, I must say they were very quick in responding.

Dear Dave,

"38" was our production number at that time.
Your guitar was made in October, 2001.
ATE50 Alder 3 Pieces, Maple 1 Piece Neck, BL(Blond) color
It was made at our factory in Hamamatsu, Japan

Best regards,

Shohei Adachi

So, good news. :D

Kenmac said:
Nice to see you over here Dave. I agree with Luis, it's a good one. Hang on to it.

Well I've been here since I bought it in 2002 but I just never post :D

It's actually up for sale as I'm hoping to get enough money together to grab a Tokai LP.

Latest posts

Back