Almost Tokai.com update

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozeshin

Reaction score
Due to overwhelming demand Almost Tokai.com will shortly be up and running. :D
I'll upload progress pics and feel free to make suggestions.
almosttokai.jpg

and one of the gallery pages:
galleryw.jpg

leadguitar_323 said:
They won't be too small on the site, that is just a screen shot shrunk down to give you guys an idea of what we are doing.

Mick

I got that.
I was just hoping for a real size screenie, through a link or something, so that our curiosity is satisfied a bit sooner.
:D :D

Alexandros

One question: When?

As soon as possible, we are still gathering pictures of these guitars and the more we look the more we find. If anyone has any pics of "fakes" they can send us it would be much appreciated. We are mainly concentrating on Canadian ones at the moment but will add Chinese ones as well as we get more info, this will remain a work in progress.

Mick

wow this one could run and run.....!!!

fakes of fakes of copies of replicas etc etc .......i'm going for a beer !!

Jockai said:
wow this one could run and run.....!!!

fakes of fakes of copies of replicas etc etc .......i'm going for a beer !!
I agree...about the beer too :p
I really don't want the site to turn into the Doppelganger registry...I don't want it to be a registry at all.
It'll just be a reference point for people to determine whether or not their Tokai is actually a Tokai.

i agree very good idea....i'll certainly be having a look....

wasn't the "Doppelganger Registry" a film with Michael Caine ha ha !!

Not trying to put a spanner in the works or anything, but isn't there a chance that this new site will help the bootleggers to fix the errors that they are making, thus making the detection of fakais a harder task?

For them to REALLY be able to fool us they'd have to invest in either the Gibson(Imperial) or the Tokai(Metric) CNC toolsets and I think they'll just make do with the way they've been doing it up til now...the "close enough is good enough" method.

Point taken.

I just thought that the bootleggers could get more out of that information than the unsuspecting punter.

Can't wait to see it up and running.

Hey, good to hear about the progress of your site. I just saw the nicest fakai ever on the fleabay. This must of been the top of the line model.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokai-2004-Deluxe-Love-Rock-setneck-EMGs-Guitar_W0QQitemZ180377263782QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item29ff529ea6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10|66%3A2|39%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

:eek: THAT is one stunning guitar..!!!!
Blatantly NOT a Tokai but sure as hell stunning with all that Abalone inay work nonetheless..

Latest posts

Back