TUSQ NUTS

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknBlues

Reaction score
Just got my Love Rock back from having a Graphtec TUSQ nut fitted and I do believe that at least some of their claims to be true.
After having a bit of a play there does seem to be a bit more sustain and clarity to the notes and tone of my cheap mic Love Rock, and the colour of the nut is an off white instead of the bright white plastic thing it had on it.

Keep in mind that I did not have new strings fitted because I wanted to be able to tell if the nut itself made any noticeable difference, and it definitely does.

Here's the website if anyone is interested in seeing what claims they make
http://www.graphtech.com/index.html

Has anyone used their bridges,saddles and tailpeices before?

i use bald eagle wing bone. its hard to get so sometimes I have to use siberian tiger tooth. :eek: ..... I have the standard Tusq nut and like it. it came out as a perfect fit, so that was nice,..

digbystar said:
i use bald eagle wing bone. its hard to get so sometimes I have to use siberian tiger tooth. :eek: ..... I have the standard Tusq nut and like it. it came out as a perfect fit, so that was nice,..

Did you notice any difference after fitting it?

I was going to go with the tusq but opted with ox bone for a new nut and bridge on my takamine eg330c. what a difference it made, the improvment in sustain was immense.

Colin

I have tusq on my acoustic and my fender. The acoustic came with it. The fender I had upgraded before it left the shop because the original was plastic rubbish and it did make a difference in clarity and articulation especially on big open chords.

I have bone on the love rock and that sounds pretty good too, but I don't know how it directly compares to tusq. Any properly fitted bone or tusq nut would be a massive improvement over the moulded plastic garbage that a lot of companies fit.

When you think about it, plastic being a relatively soft material would most likely absorb some of the vibration rather letting it all pass through to the wood.
I am not sure what material Tusq are made from but it did make a difference to my guitar. Not sure how accurate their claims are that it is better than bone because of the inconsistency of bone. I know Tusq is cheaper than bone.

Has anyone ever done a comparison between the two?

RocknBlues said:
When you think about it, plastic being a relatively soft material would most likely absorb some of the vibration rather letting it all pass through to the wood.

The one on my fender was also mostly hollow - not good for vibration transfer!

:eek: You wouldn't expect to see hollow nuts on the big boys :lol: I guess even the big companies cut production costs by using cheap products in an area of the guitar like that where not many people would notice.

:evil: BLOODY SKEAMERS :evil:

Latest posts

Back