Tokai LS-5 Pacifix Exclusive

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markcus58

Reaction score
Finally after some exhaustive research I have acquired plenty of info on this elusive guitar. Thanks go out to Tokai Joe, Pacifix Ltd and Tokai Guitar for their help and info.
I purchased this new recently in Shibuya, Tokyo at an Ikebe shop. It was listed as a Tokai LS-5th Limited Premium Quilted Top Violin Finish. It is a Pacifix Exclusive edition and there is no catalog or manual for reference.
So what I have found out is that it has Tom Holmes (JP) J-453 Limited P/U's, polished nickel tops. They are top grade P/U's designed to replicate the '59 PAF's. It is a '59 replica dimensionally and has the '59 replica case to complete the set. Construction is based on one piece African Mahogany back with maple top. Rosewood fret board with SBB-213 frets, headstock set at 18 deg, normal tenon neck set and a cow bone nut. It is finished with Polyurethane. It has the Japan version head piece with the Pacifix Exclusive script added. Hardware is Gotoh and it's weight is listed at 4 kg, equal to 8 lb 13 oz. I was told it was based on a LS-100Q, then upgraded.
Here are a few pics.

It plays quite well and has great balance. The '59 neck has a good feel and it has great looks overall. The matched quilted halves is striking to see up close and with the binding is superb. Truly premium quality work.

I'll have this baby for a long, long time.

TokaiLS5th046.jpg

TokaiLS5th034.jpg

TokaiLS5th026.jpg

TokaiLS5th045.jpg

TokaiLS5th052.jpg

TokaiLS5th054.jpg

TokaiLS5th050.jpg

:) really congrats marcus. your guitar is excellent and glad you got it!!!!
hope you keep her precious and take home to texas. and maybe get
her sisters while you are still in japan? its your chances now.............
congrats!

tokai joe.

Very, very nice - a great find. My Momose strat has a 453 humbucker in the bridge position.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=73823&highlight=momose+tom+holmes#73823

Wouldn't mind seeing more pic's of the pickups when you can to see if they are the same.

Dave

Here's a shot of the Tom Holmes J453's.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt326/markcus58/TokaiLS5th035.jpg

8) hi mark........so hav u been to key yokohama and the flames repair
shop yet? key yokohama sometimes has good tokai ES series and
at the flames repair shop u might find som cool bargen items.
whatever they hav from the parts to books to catalogs................

joe minatomirai21.

Hi guys!

I stumbled across a similar one, in good to very good condition.
What do you think its worth?

Latest posts

Back