The Perfect Les Paul

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallyg

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
Firstly, I want to say how impressed I am with this forum. Everyone has been so nice and helpful. I've never joined a forum and had this much help. You guys are AWESOME!!!

I live in the US and am looking for the best Les Paul I can get for around $800. I will be recording with it so I need one that sounds and plays great. I don't care about re-sale value.. The Tokais seem to be more collectible and therefore are a little more costly. Greco's seem pricey too. Burneys are a good value and so are Edwards. Are the new ones as good as the ones made in the 80's?

What brand and model number do you suggest? Thanks again for how awesome you guys have been!!!

You'll pick a recent Tokai LS70 80 or 85 (basically the same model from different years) up for $800 if you look around, faultless value for money!! Newish Edwards are nice too, put there don't seem to be many around.

To be honest I can only say go for a tokai, but I'm sure the other jv's are good. There's quite afew on ebay, just find one your interested in and get opinions on here. Seriously, Tokai don't make crap, you'll not be disappointed.

I am a newby with LS's, last night I had the pleasure of playing a $500 tokai 2004 ls75 alongside a 69 les paul, 72 les paul, 76 etc and the tokai blew they away in EVERY WAY.

Just browse ebay and ask, people here won't mind looking at any number of links you bring. BUT ASK BEFORE YOU BUY.

Good luck with the guitar hunt.

I bought a MIJ98 LS-70F almost two years ago for US$600 + shipping from Japan to Australia . I had the guitar in less than a week!! That would be eq to a LS-95-100 theese days

Do not get a Korean or Chinese model!!

I've a/b tested mine to a Gibson LP, mine has better craftsmanship and blew the LP out of the water easy.

Can't post any pics as photobucket site is doing maintenance
Hope it helps

Latest posts

Back