A nice alternative to stock Tokai truss rod covers.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPCarpenter

Reaction score
I don't know if you guys have seen this, but one of the members here has them for sale...I forget his name here, but he's the guy that sells the Faber products in Germany. I ordered one of these TRCs for my ES 120...should have it in a week or so...here's a pic he sent me...and he's a pleasure to deal with.

PICT4242Large.jpg

GPCarpenter said:
I don't know if you guys have seen this, but one of the members here has them for sale...I forget his name here, but he's the guy that sells the Faber products in Germany. I ordered one of these TRCs for my ES 120...should have it in a week or so...here's a pic he sent me...and he's a pleasure to deal with.

PICT4242Large.jpg

His name is Gottfried and his member tag is togps

Unable to send email to the site! Keeps telling me to enter a valid email address. Tried 5 times, no luck!

His forum ID is TOGPS.....send him a private message.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewforum.php?f=2
Go down to the 4th thread and just click on his SIG.

Mick

TOGPS...I got the TRCs today...that's really quick shipping from Germany...the covers are great and looks as good in person as they do on your site...thanks for everything!

Hi all
I've just ordered 2 80's trc to a famous custom trc and pickguard manufacturer in USA.
I've sent him a template built using one of my real 80's Tokai trc, and pictures.
They are far less expensive than the german ones (and I'm in France!!!)
I should receive them next week, I'll keep you in touch.

dombat said:
They are far less expensive than the german ones (and I'm in France!!!)
I should receive them next week, I'll keep you in touch.

Hmm....you may get what you pay for. I for one, prefer to give my business to a forum member first whenever possible.

marcusnieman said:
luis said:
Really nice truss rod covers,I have one by Gottfired courtesy.

Yup...me too. Including a NOS 80's style trc for my 53 goldtop:

CIMG2528.jpg

He sent me one of those TRC covers as well at no extra cost...if anyone's wants it just let me know...I'll send it to you for free...since he was so cool to do that, I feel I should do the same.

Hi, I'm after one of these TRC's for my LS 75 Goldtop, i'd love the one youre giving away but the LS is left handed is that a problem with these?

many thanks
alex

Strange thing, those TRCs from togps, & the Gibson bell type I have bought before, fit perfectly well on my LS85S, & my ES130, but they don't fit on my LS60/70/whatever the hell it is. The screw hole placing is different, & the replacements won't fit unless I make another hole in the headstock. Which means that not all the MIJ Tokais have the TRC holes in the same place.

Strange, huh?

Latest posts

Back