335 What?Where?When?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne damage

Reaction score
O.K. of coarse this is a 335 knock off but whats it called? where are these made? if its china i gotta hand it to them this (knock off) is beautiful, from the see thru blue finish to the set neck, to the REAL inlay on the headstock even the (knock off) bixby is up there in quality and hey it has grovers but alot of imports have them these days. I have not seen another like this and for the 200 smackers (U.S.) on ebay did i do O.K.??
there are no serial #s or any markings inside just the Tokai headstock logo
P1010004.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010006.jpg

Thanks for the pics i will be adding these to the "Fake" site me amd Ozeshin are working on. This is one of the Canadian fakes, this is not a tokai. Very easy to identify as Tokai NEVER used that headstock Logo. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is definitely not a Tokai. I must add that this does not mean it is a bad guitar, just not a Tokai.

Mick

For the record..
#1:no...we do not know who made your guitar...definitely NOT Dillion.
#2:Why not ask questions of this forum BEFORE you spend your cash rather than after?
#3: and yes..we categorically know for a 100% fact that this is a fake guitar...we know who placed the order in Korea and distributed them throughout North America.
You have 13 posts so you've been a member for a couple of weeks...should've done a search.
If you had your heart set on a Tokai and bought this guitar expecting a Tokai...you could dispute it.
If you bought this guitar coz you just wanted another guitar to play I guess you could have done a lot worse.

electric chair said:
Is that a case of 'Bootleggin' the Bootleggers'? :wink:

Not really, since tokai are a legally produced & accurately labelled product that cannot be confused at point of sale. A Tokai is a Tokai, and it says so on its headstock.

This guitar is a fake. It's claiming to be something it's not.

leadguitar_323 said:
Thanks for the pics i will be adding these to the "Fake" site me amd Ozeshin are working on. This is one of the Canadian fakes, this is not a tokai. Very easy to identify as Tokai NEVER used that headstock Logo. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is definitely not a Tokai. I must add that this does not mean it is a bad guitar, just not a Tokai.

Mick

Can't wait to see this post. I too one day am interested in purchasing a Tokai guitar, and I hate to be fooled in believing that what is for sale and claim to be a genuine Tokai is in fact a fake. Sorry, not to steal from the post, but any idea when this post will be coming out? Thanks

It isn't a post, we will have a website dedicated to the Fakes, it will be called "Almost Tokai". Due to the amount of "fakes" coming out of China as well it is taking some time to sort out all the relevant models, We need detailed pics so as to inform correctly. We will let everyone know as soon as it is up and running. +1 Paladin, Tokai's are replica's and were never built to deceive.

Mick

BNR said:
leadguitar_323 said:

Mick

Can't wait to see this post. I too one day am interested in purchasing a Tokai guitar, and I hate to be fooled in believing that what is for sale and claim to be a genuine Tokai is in fact a fake. Sorry, not to steal from the post, but any idea when this post will be coming out? Thanks
In the meantime I ACTIVELY ENCOURAGE people to post up pics/ebay links of ANY guitar that they believe not to be a genuine Tokai.
Also...if anyone has encountered any fake Fender series Tokai in their travels can they let me or Mick know via pm's please.

In the meantime I ACTIVELY ENCOURAGE people to post up pics/ebay links of ANY guitar that they believe not to be a genuine Tokai.
Also...if anyone has encountered any fake Fender series Tokai in their travels can they let me or Mick know via pm's please.

+1

Mick

Thanks for the info, all in all the fit, finish and playability of this knockoff is real good but im glad i didnt pay more than the 200 (U.S.) for it!! i sure hope my Tokai Hardpuncher is the real deal? check out the pics on the bass forum under 198? Hardpuncher its a fairly new post :-? :oops:

Latest posts

Back