Need information about SG 85

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boris59

Reaction score
Hi everyone 8)

I'm a french guy ( scuse for my bad english )

I going to buy a SG 85 by tokai .

Not a new, but like a new . And a really good price in france .

But i just want to know, can we compare this guitar with the gibson sg standard? not about the sound and the humbrucker, but about the quality of wood , neck etc ( sorry I d'ont have the words but i'm sure you'll understand :) )

for the sound , i've got my angus young humbrucker 8)

thanks a lot for you're help

Hi Boris!

Yes, the quality of the Tokai will be up there with a Gibson! the only difference will be you'll still have some money left over for a new pair of shorts!

you're sure ? This tokai will be better than a real gibson sg standard ?

It's incredible, because of the price ! ( 700euros for this tokai , 1200 for a new gibson )

Tokai is as incredible as that ?

8)

togps said:
Hey, Boris59 - check out:
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12612

Very nice!!! :D

Boris, you should really go and try a Tokai and compare it to a Gibson, I did exactly that a few months ago with a brand new Les Paul Standard and a Tokai LS85F, one or two cosmetic areas where the Gibson was 'better' such as Fret Binding, but in terms of sounds, feel and playability I definetely thought the Tokai was the better guitar. Not 'as good' but better!

Hi Boris

I'm from Paris, France

Which year your SG ?
I've just purchased a 1985 SG-60 from USA on e-bay, costed me ?550 including shipping and taxes
It is gorgeous, white, fret edge bindings, PAF 57 Pickups, mint condition

G?niale

Boris59 said:
you're sure ? This tokai will be better than a real gibson sg standard ?

It's incredible, because of the price ! ( 700euros for this tokai , 1200 for a new gibson )

Tokai is as incredible as that ?

8)

The Gibson is only a better value if it comes with this custom guitar stand:

GibsonSGP6274931f1.jpg

Latest posts

Back