Pre - 85 love rocks and new jap. re-issues?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bl4ck c4t

Reaction score
I am interested in buying a love rock and have a couple of question. When it comes to the the pre 85's what model came with the 59 style neck profile and which one has the 60's classic profile. The question i have on the new japanese re-issues is on the finish, do the high end ones that they are getting $1000 and up have a nitro cellulose finish or that new water base lacquer shell. Thanx in advance! C.A.T

I have a 2001 MIJ Love Rock LS-65 and the finish is hard and lustrous. I suspect that like me, you believe that the "finish" can mute the dynamics and tone of a guitar. I'm happy to tell you that whatever our occidental friends have used, it works VERY well, sonically and aestheticaly. I'm sure I made a couple of spelling mistekas here...

For the pre-1985 models the TLS-80 is a replica of the 59 model. I plan on updating the guitars page with information about this in the next fews days so stay tuned.

Ned

Back