Tokai Love Rock - No serial number.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesblues

Reaction score
Hi I recently bought a second hand Love Rock from a local guitar store. It does not have a serial number on the headstock but it is imprinted with "made in Korea" Can anyone help with any info regarding it's date of manufacture? Is it a genuine Tokai? Certainly it sounds and feels great.
Thanks in advance
Les

my.php
[/URL]

[/img]

Too hard basket.
Many Korean Tokai don't have serials...but it's no more than 3 years old.

thanks for such a speedy response. this is my 1st electric, l had never heard of tokai before. l know now that the mij models have a great reputation but my little korean makes me very happy I am now consiidering an archtop. does anyone have an opinion on the es60? is it still possible to buy a new korean model or just chinese? in an ideal world I would be a good enough guitarist to justify the purchase of a mij archtop, but sadly that is not going to happen soon, if at all. :wink:

Hey keep pluckin away. Find people who are better than you to jam with and you will be surprised how good you get, and how fast. Also keep your eyes open in the local classified papers for deals. I scored a really nice tokai for less money than i could have dreamed and there was no tax no shippin etc. GOOD LUCK !!!!

Hi Brokentoes,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll definitely keep pluckng away. It might be very frustrating at times but it can also be a great deal of fun and the sense of satisfaction when it goes right is great.

Les

Amen to that. Anyone who says they can't get better is a liar anyway. There is always more to learn and achieve on the guitar. I couldn't think of a better way to spend time (outside of female encounters). Rock On !!!

Back