ZAKK WYLDE TOKAI BULLSEYE LES PAUL COPY

Tokai guitar discussion

Moderators: ian, ned

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

Post by leadguitar_323 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:03 am

Sorry Peter, the bits of my post you took offense to were not directed at you , my tone may be a little harsh {had the flu for a week now :-? } I am not in any way refering to the lc 60 in the other post. What do you mean in the true sense of the word??. Already have some info coming from Japan, and so far i have been told that the zakk guitar and a Schenker V both came out of the Tokai Korean factory, when confirmation comes {or not} i will post it one way or the other. I also expect that if "someone" decides to call these "fakes" that also proof should be forthcoming as it can be a bit of a shock to the person who has just bought it and also we need to know this as a group to avoid buying these types of guitars. I am also glad someone else here knows what neo select Tokai's are, these are some of the best guitars made under the Tokai name. I also just re read the post and i can't quite understand why you thought it was aimed at you, if i thought it was you i had a problem with i would have sent a PM and approached this differently, no offence intended.

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

stratmoto
Guitar God

Post by stratmoto » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:12 am

No worries Mick 8)

I thought the tone seemed a little out of the usual. That is what prompted my long winded, defensive reply.

I'm interested to know the facts with regard to some of the models that come up in Canada.

All is cool, I'll have a XXXX {shudders} for you if you are crook :D

Peter

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

Post by leadguitar_323 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:14 am

Have a few Pete , i need them,.... :wink:

Mick

Ozeshin
Guitar God

Post by Ozeshin » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:55 am

I had a few on Saturday night and fell asleep face down on my keyboard til 4.30am :o

togps
Guitar God

Post by togps » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:42 am

leadguitar_323 wrote:There seems to be a trend here that if they don't know, then its a fake. I find this a little small minded.. :-? And i think also if you are going to put sh1t on this guys guitar then maybe you should offer some proof..!! Mick
:o Mick, do you think, Mr. Shohei Adachi, the president of Tokai Gakki, Ltd., Japan, is a liar?? :o

Mickdal
Guitar God

Post by Mickdal » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:30 am

togps wrote:
leadguitar_323 wrote:There seems to be a trend here that if they don't know, then its a fake. I find this a little small minded.. :-? And i think also if you are going to put sh1t on this guys guitar then maybe you should offer some proof..!! Mick
:o Mick, do you think, Mr. Shohei Adachi, the president of Tokai Gakki, Ltd., Japan, is a liar?? :o

HEY!!! that is BS and totally uncalled for togps

You may be a distributor of Tokai for Europe, or whatever mate, but you are not the 'be all end all'

You are only a distributor or reseller, nothing more.

You are not the only one who has contact with the President of Tokai, although, you may seem think so.....

JSD
Guitar God

Post by JSD » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:59 pm

Mickdal wrote:HEY!!! that is BS and totally uncalled for togps

You may be a distributor of Tokai for Europe, or whatever mate, but you are not the 'be all end all'

You are only a distributor or reseller, nothing more.

You are not the only one who has contact with the President of Tokai, although, you may seem think so.....
Finally, a voice of reason here.

You guy really need to stop spreading all this mis-information here, its getting old. Every time someone comes in here with a Tokai not made in Japan its a fake. Complete crap. :evil:

Sorry Togps but you really don't know what your talking about. I don't care what you say, the president of Tokai is not going to share with you his true business dealings with other markets.

When Tokai guitars were available here in Canada there was never any of this fake talk. 6 years or so and no fake talk. Now that we don't carry them anymore we have all this BS. These guitars are just as much a Tokai as any other. Made under licence is just that. All Tokais not made in Japan are made under licence. Like other guitar makers Tokai does not own a factory in Korea or China, the work is contracted out. The Canadian distributor had a licence deal with Tokai to produce Tokai guitars for Canada using a different factory then where the other Korean made models were produced. These models were not always your typical Tokai models and were never featured in any catalogs. When the line was dropped no more Tokais were produced. End of story.

As for the bullseye guitar in question, it was produced in 2005. I believe there was two runs of these made and maybe 48 in total produced. Very nice guitar, totally kills an Epi.
Your online source for great guitars
JSD's Guitar Shack / JSD's on Myspace

togps
Guitar God

Post by togps » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:05 pm

JSD wrote:
Sorry Togps but you really don't know what your talking about.
Why should I believe you more as Tokais presidents word?

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

Post by leadguitar_323 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Hi Togps, I know how guarded Mr Adachi is, and Tokai as a company is very hard to get accurate information from,or any information at all for that matter, that is why i am talking to one of his long term employee's {now completely independent but still builds high end guitars for tokai}. I doubt very much that Tokai's president would discuss any private information with you about there contracted work in korea {the japanese don't work like this } As we often see on this forum , all is not as it seems with information changing all the time. As i said before you need to prove your statements if you are going to discredit these guitars, these were made in korea and were a limited run. As Mickdal said , you are definitely not the only one in contact with Mr Adachi and Tokai and your market is completely different to Canada's and ours for that matter, JSD's info is very close to mine , 2004 - 2005 made and a limited run of somewhere around 25 in the first run and around 20 in the second.
stay tuned.. :wink:

Mick

JSD
Guitar God

Post by JSD » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:31 pm

Well said Mick, although I'm sure it will fall upon deaf ears.

Going back to the bullseye, first run arrived Feb of 2005 and thinking back I seem to remember it was only 12 guitars on the first run as it sold out instantly. Second run came in around April/May of 2005 and was either 24 or 36 guitars.
Your online source for great guitars
JSD's Guitar Shack / JSD's on Myspace

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

Post by leadguitar_323 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:43 pm

:wink: :wink:

Mick

togps
Guitar God

Post by togps » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:22 am

Q&A's with Mr. Shohei Adachi, president of Tokai Gakki
Q12: Does Tokai have any plans to license their name to Chinese, Vietnamese or Indonesian manufacturers?
A12: We will never license Tokai logo to any companies in the world.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4434

Says all!!

Mickdal
Guitar God

Post by Mickdal » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:42 am

togps wrote:Q&A's with Mr. Shohei Adachi, president of Tokai Gakki
Q12: Does Tokai have any plans to license their name to Chinese, Vietnamese or Indonesian manufacturers?
A12: We will never license Tokai logo to any companies in the world.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4434

Says all!!
Who said anything about licensing out Tokai logo,

WE are discussing about a Zak Wylde guitar MIK for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!

Mick

sneakyjapan
Guitar God

Post by sneakyjapan » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:08 am

two words when dealing with the Japanese...honne and tatemae...if you can tell which you`re getting, then you are better than I, after 14 years here I`m not any closer to knowing which I`m getting at any given time. Keeping secrets here is the national sport...along with hiding money from the gov`t but thats another story. As stated, I doubt anybody affiliated with Tokai is giving anyone outside the company the entire truth...not calling anybody a liar, just have to spend time in the country to really get a grasp maybe.

togps
Guitar God

Post by togps » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:09 am

Mickdal wrote: Who said anything about licensing out Tokai logo,

WE are discussing about a Zak Wylde guitar MIK for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!
Mick
Relax Mick. There is no need to post emotionally in this thread.

I do reflect the only ZAKK WYLDE "TOKAI" BULLSEYE model, so far as I know. Sold only from Canadian sellers.
See pix from the headstock. On the back is writen:
"Manufactured under license for ........
Make in Korea"
:o

Hope that helps