Tokai LS90Q / MVF incoming ~ outgoing review....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Busy day here yesterday....

9:00 a.m. get tracking info on new Tokai LS85F
2:00 p.m. notification I won a mint Hamer Studio on evilbay
3:00 postman rings and drops off this new Tokai LS90Q / MVF

Long short story - it was too late to cancel the LS90Q when I found out
I could get the LS85F, and at the same time ordered an LS135....

It's been out of the box long enough to check it over, tune it up, plug it in, and put it back away.

LoveRock1.jpg

First, I'm blown away how rediculously cool this guitar is. The fit and finish is on par with any LP Standard I've seen or played lately. The neck is somewhere between a 59' and 60' profile - although I'll say I like this better. The matte finish is killer, the neck feels great with it on. The quilt veneer is not over the top. The color is awesome too. Electronic cavity is painted with shielding paint. The whole package just has me laughing like I got away with something. I don't think there's a better bang for the buck out there.

The only issue is that my wife answered the door and blew the "under the radar" plan....This one will get sacrificed as the LS85F, LS135 in April, and next weeks Hamer will more than suffice. That said, this will be in the emporium today.

These guitars are killer ~ I'm hooked.

Steve E

Well, the new owner of this is going to be stoked - thought I would post some pics of her before she left. The guy that bought it has 6 Edwards, we'll pull him away from the Darkside with this.....The color is awesome - really like the VF finish and liked the matte version of it better than I thought. I looked at a G***** faded Les Paul today and the finish on this just blows those away...

loverock2.jpg

LoveRock3.jpg

f985e1f2.jpg

Got the tracking info this morning on my LS85F / VF...it's going to be a good week :wink:

Steve E

Latest posts

Back