Tokai LC made in korea help

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrinson

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200612375557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hi all messaged this guy and he is unsure of the model number but thinks it could be an LC75 or 85 and is stamped made in Korea. Grateful of anything else you can offer as am interested in buying

Thanks in advance

Ok, that confirms Korean made. Could be as old as late 90s. I doubt if the specs are correct. If it isn't a bolt on, it's probably an ALC-53 which is specced with a plywood body, maple neck and rosewood fretboard.
LC70s and up were MIJ, so that's not correct.

I can't tell you, I never played one.
BTW I wonder why he doesn't show the top on the pic with the back of the headstock. Is there a serial number?

I thought that as well, Ive just asked him to confirm a few things but I'm glad you were able to point me in the right direction

No serial number, very honest bloke seemingly, said he copied the specs from a similar guitar on EBAY which he believed to be the same. Set neck,
he did say the guitar was very heavy tho which kind of goes against the basswood a little

No I didn't say basswood, that's the LC60, I said plywood.
The heavier basswood examples can equal the lightest african maho in weight btw.

Thanks once again Jacco, is there any possibility that the guitar could be anything other than an LC53?

Back