Tiger Eye Maple Tokai Finally Arrived with a Cracked Neck =(

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty hard to capture cross grain of birds and tiger eye. Looking down the grain or from the top of the annual rings where the flecks appear on, it looks very similar to plain maple but with what looks similar to mineral streaking. I will take some picks of the cavity in daylight for you but last time I took the pups out, I could not for the life of me see the edge of the veneer at all and it generally is easy to spot.

Post some pics of the one you had, would love to see it!

Udonitron said:
Pretty hard to capture cross grain of birds and tiger eye. Looking down the grain or from the top of the annual rings where the flecks appear on, it looks very similar to plain maple but with what looks similar to mineral streaking. I will take some picks of the cavity in daylight for you but last time I took the pups out, I could not for the life of me see the edge of the veneer at all and it generally is easy to spot.

Post some pics of the one you had, would love to see it!

I can assure you that more often than not the veneers are bloody hard to see because they are so thin and are usually over a 2 piece top......
This has been gone over plenty of times on this forum... :wink:

Great score... :D

Mick

Oh I realize that but the obvious way is if you do not see any variance in the grain of wood itself via the cavity, then that is your 1st indication. ;)

Back