TEJ 45 wiring

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archersnock

Reaction score
Help I have just been given a fernandes Tej 45 and the wiring is a mess and just about missing. Does any one have a wiring diagram for one of these or is it going to be guess work? help I am drowning and way out of my depth.. Cheers Steve sinking fast...

If only... This has a pu
sh pull switch and an active circuit but someone has tried to rewire it....it's why I was given this guitar... and it's a birds nest of old telephone wire that is a nightmare and doesn't work on any level.

I see, sorry. Alas it looks like Fernandes never published anything about their stock electronics, at best about the aftermarket stuff they sold. The best you can hope for is using pics of gutted TEJ electronics to get some clues. "F.G.I. pickups" is probably more apt to find something than "Fernandes TEJ". This is all I could find though, it's also only in the Google cache anymore:

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 18.32.31.jpgScreenshot 2023-07-04 at 18.33.25.jpg

However the specialties you need to know about is probably just that the red wire from each pickup is probably +Vcc, and there's likely a stereo jack to switch on the voltage via the plug sleeve (basically just like EMGs). From there (with the white AF output wires) it's basically regular wiring.

Back