Nice 79 LS-100 for sale

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People can list a guitar at whatever price they want and if some moron buys it, then they laugh to the bank and the moron is happy he got the guitar because obviously he had the cash.

If I put a guitar up on ebay in the open market, I'd like to get every dime I can.

marcusnieman said:
People can list a guitar at whatever price they want and if some moron buys it, then they laugh to the bank and the moron is happy he got the guitar because obviously he had the cash.

If I put a guitar up on ebay in the open market, I'd like to get every dime I can.

Exactly. It concerns the buyer, the seller, and no one else.

Mick51 said:

As far as I'm concerned it involves potential buyers when something is listed publicly at a set price, and they can say whatever they like.

If it was a 99c auction that went up to that price, fair enough, a couple of bidders got emotional.

To be fair you can't really be telling people what they can and can't say, but I'm sure you meant that it was just your opinion, but then again, you did post that opinion in response... :wink:

JVsearch said:
Mick51 said:
marcusnieman said:

As far as I'm concerned it involves potential buyers when something is listed publicly at a set price, and they can say whatever they like.

If it was a 99c auction that went up to that price, fair enough, a couple of bidders got emotional.

To be fair you can't really be telling people what they can and can't say, but I'm sure you meant that it was just your opinion, but then again, you did post that opinion in response... :wink:

No sure who your comment was toward but my comments are always my opinion only.... I'm not telling anyone what they can or can't say. I was just making my comments toward the ridiculous price and to the replies people made about it....... still don't understand the "B.S." comment.

marcusnieman said:
JVsearch said:
Mick51 said:

No sure who your comment was toward but my comments are always my opinion only.... I'm not telling anyone what they can or can't say. I was just making my comments toward the ridiculous price and to the replies people made about it....... still don't understand the "B.S." comment.

Your comments were in fact, spot on IMO!

Sorry, fixed it now, shouldn't have left your part in the quote, but it read better with your bit there.

Can't fix the other one - you'll have to do that (if you can be bothered!).
Cheers :)

I have got the same guitar, slightly different colour though.

Great guitar but at that price, couldn't have afforded it. Is it worth it? One of my friends is a professional guitar player that owns over 40 high spec guitars, and he said after giging it a whole night that it performed better (stayed in tune the whole night despite the heat) than his Gibson VOS or some Custom Shop guitars and we know what they cost (especially in Europe)..

He also said that the sound of the by now vintage Dimarzio PAF's was a classic sound that the modern USA counterparts just can't immulate..

Nor surprised though that no one bid.. Around ?1700 is probably a more realistic value despite what I have stated above. Just market factors...

The high end vintage Japanese guitars in general I think are better value than modern counter parts. Why anyone would still be willing to for out thousands for Gibbies is beyond me. Perhaps still relative few guitar players are truly aware of the class of vintage Japanse guitars, and for all forum members here, perhaps that is the best thing that could ever happen to us.. :eek:)

Latest posts

Back