NGD 2002 MIJ GT (was MY) Love Rock case and pots question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
den said:
Any ideas?

alx81691000x714.jpg
alx81731000x664.jpg

Yeah, the knobs, the bridge, and the body binding on the Gibson are wrong. :D

Seriously, I don't know, maybe just two different colour goldtops...not sure which one is more 50s correct.

Here's 4 of my (some former) GTs. I know all on different lighting and background but you'll get the idea.

1978 Burny (made byTokai) FLG70
DSCN3925.jpg

1980 Greco EG800GS
Afbeelding023_01.jpg

1998 Tokai LS75S
DSC_0682.jpg

2005 Navigator NLP-480 LTD-P
DSC_0959_01.jpg

The Tokai's are known for their yellow GTs. All vintage MIJ have a yellowish GT finish, Burny having the most yellow-green examples. Current Tokai's still have that yellow finish. A brand like Bacchus has both yellow & bronze GTs depending on the period made. Navigator all have bronze GTs as you can see. The Gibsons are super (red) bronze examples. They're all gold tops though.

rayspang said:
There can also be subtle differences in the tint between nitro and poly finishes.

Yes of course, there's more ambering of the top coat of nitro. But even poly ages.

I still agree with everyone else. It's a gold top. Mellow Yellow is a solid colour not metallic. All those pic's of your GT and Jacco's are the same as my Bacchus below. Mine does look more yellow in most lights.

IMG_0738.jpg

and here's a trio of shades - two tokai's and a Bacchus

IMG_0615.jpg

Dave

Thanks, any excuse to post guitar pics :lol: One of the tokais is Mike's and the other was stock from Richtone. Mike took the pic at the last convention so I can't take credit.

Dave

jacco said:
1998 Tokai LS75S
DSC_0682.jpg

Above photo is the closest to the actual colour of my guitar of all the photos, including most of my photos. Still, it's actually greener than even that. Anyways ...

I feel like a psych patient that is forced to admit it was all an illusion under duress when I say "Yes, you must be right doctor, my guitar must be a Goldtop, it's the only logical explanation. I must have imagined it all." . :p :lol: :roll: :D :) :wink: Should I change the title of this thread?

Latest posts

Back