New Springy Sounds

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukeaustin

Reaction score
Here is a heads up from the Winter NAMM show in Anaheim.

i am a tokai collector as well.

Guess what i saw in a guitar case at the trade show.
"wow a cool custom shop strat, wait oh crap!"

BRAND NEW Springy sounds.

Dimarzio Pickups, Final pro Spec Steel Block, Springy Sound logos "exact replica of good old strat "oldies but goldies"' and decent poly finish.

looked a lot like my 81 Springy Sound

i was pretty shocked after seeing this.

After talking to the guy who had it, I have learned that tokai still makes a bunch of springy sound guitars just like the old ones...

you can find them in many guitar shops around asia and in europe as well.

made me wonder if all these springys showing up on ebay are actually as old as they say...

These are the first news I have about Springysound being made at this time.I haver seen some Limited Editios with altered headstock but not Springysounds.Smart move again!Love to try one.....

That's exactly why I quit buying the springys 3 years ago-
As soon as a bunch of Japanese guys started selling on eBay I noticed somthing wasn't right??????
The true (OLD) springys have final prospect saddles, I got a springy that had a tremolo that was all one piece, says TOKAI on the saddles-
Just ain't right-
A springy with cheapo tuners on it instead of Klusons- ST40??? :lol:

ochay said:
That's exactly why I quit buying the springys 3 years ago-
As soon as a bunch of Japanese guys started selling on eBay I noticed somthing wasn't right??????
The true (OLD) springys have final prospect saddles, I got a springy that had a tremolo that was all one piece, says TOKAI on the saddles-
Just ain't right-
A springy with cheapo tuners on it instead of Klusons- ST40??? :lol:

I think you're wrong, the early springy's have Tokai stamped saddles, the later springy's and the goldstars have "final prospec". And yes, the low end springys and goldstars have Gotoh budget tuners. I have replaced them on two of my budget models (AST-40 and MAT M-451). Also, the Kluson type tuners are stamped "Tokai" not "Deluxe" on the early springy's. Btw, the AST-40 and M-451 also have a one piece tremolo but they also have cast saddles like the 70's strats.

The budget Gotoh tuners, they still make them:

41632-397.jpg

Mike

I have 78 and 82 Springy's. The tuners are worn and tarnished just like the old Fenders they are supposed to emulate.

Great! :)

Back