korean sg

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonah65

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm currently selling a Korean sg on e-bay, however someone has messaged me to say they do not believe it is a genuine Tokai as is does not have fret edge binding.
I am convinced it is genuine, it has the uk dimple headstock, and in no way does the TOKAI decal look added (coloured hi-lites when turned in the light).
3 screw truss rod cover, and Made In Korea in gold on the back of the headstock. No serial number pointing to it being one of the early Koreans?
Any help appreciated, cheers jonah.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200817425951?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1089

I could be wrong but i don't think the korean models ever came with fret edge binding. A link to your ebay auction would be helpful though.

jonah65 said:
someone has messaged me to say they do not believe it is a genuine Tokai as is does not have fret edge binding.

Fortunately for you, he's a total banana.

Fret edge binding is only seen on the high end MIJ models, even the current mid-range MIJ models don't have it. Up until the early 00's even many of the high end models didn't have it! I don't see anything wrong with your SG.

Back