• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Kitty Hawk Supreme 2, handmade in Germany, 1985, MINT, rare

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi there!

As discussed in other posts in this forum my wife insists that I reduce my amp collection. This is the compromise for increasing my Tokai collection.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Here is the first beauty. That's a top-quality, handmade in Germany 2xEL34 (50W or 30W) tube-amp.

Those amps were only manufactured for a few years. To my knowledge this specific one is one of the last ones, dating to 1985.

The sound is just absolutely amazing. It's very close to a Boogie Mark 2.

It is possible to reduce to one tube (switch on the front, please see pics) to also play at home without beinf deaf afterwards.

It has 3 channels. One clean, one crunch, and one lead. I include a (non-original, Crate) footswitch to change between the channels. This can also be done through the switches at the front-panel.

It has an adjustable send/return and a balanced line-out for recording or PA. Please note that this is an old german DIN-connector. I thought about replacing it with an XLR but then decided against it, because it looks sooo vintage. So instead I soldered a DIN-XLR cable.

It's very hard for me to part with this amp, but he has to go. I will also sell 3 more Kitty Hawk's in various configs as well as a '74 Point-to-point Twinreverb, some low-end Marshalls and one of my Boogies (not sure yet which one). So if you are interested just email or PM me.

This beast is heavy (just look at the transformers), around 35kg. So shipment heavily depends on your location. I just recently shipped a Mesa-box to Germany (30kg), which costed ? 47.--.

I am ready to hand-deliver it between Frankfurt, Praha, Budapest and Northern Italy. However, the prefered solution is to pick it up from Linz, Austria. I'll pay for a dinner.

Here is a link to the schematics.

http://www.kittyhawkamps.com/schaltplaene/supreme2.jpg

The price without transport is ? 1050.--.

tubes.jpg

trafoserial.jpg

Traforechts.jpg

Trafolinks.jpg

Topswitch.jpg

Toprechts.jpg

Toplinksswitch.jpg

topleft.jpg

topfront.jpg

Speaker.jpg

side.jpg

gitter.jpg

frontlinks.jpg

Footswitch.jpg

Back-1.jpg

Ampfront.jpg

oops: the send/return on this one is NOT adjustable. That's true for the next Kitty Hawk I'll sell.
Sorry. Rupert

Back