How to remove bridge from Tokai Tele.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judge Roy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

i'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone out there could help me on how to remove the bridge plate from my Breezysound Tokai Tele...
I've taken two of the saddles off to get to the screws, but the bridge doesn't come away! Would much appreciate if someone could help.

Thank You

If it's anything like a normal tele (arf! i'm here all week), then it's likely a little stuck and in need of some gentle coaxing. Either that, or somebody's screwed the bridge pickup screws into the wood (erk).

Unscrew the middle pair of saddles completely so you can get at the holes in the end of the bridge plate. Now find something long, thin and strong (e.g. a small screwdriver) which can go into that hole. Place some heavy cloth (folded tea-towel will do the trick) on the body of the guitar and GENTLY lever your screwdriver against it, trying to force the bridge upwards. Sticking due to age won't take much pressure at all - if it still isn't budging, then you'll have to look closer.

Thanks a million for your help, but as I was taking the middle two saddles off, I found another couple of hidden screws...obviously that did the trick...thanks again!

Judge Roy said:
... but as I was taking the middle two saddles off, I found another couple of hidden screws...

Sometimes it's amazing what you can happen to find on a Tokai by accident ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back