Help with identifying Tokai LP Custom model number

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keir

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOKAI-LES-PA...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:3|65:16|39:1|240:1318

The seller hasn't helped me out with the model number. Is there any way to identify the model number for this? From one of the photos the serial is 070260. I'm fairly sure the 07 means it's a 2007 model?
He does provide this info if it helps:

BODY - Maple Top,Mahogany Back

NECK Mahogany One Piece Set-Neck, Head Angle 18?

FINGERBOARD - Rosewood

RADIUS - 300R

FRETS - 22F

SCALE - 625/312.5mm

BRIDGE - LS-VB Bridge, LS-VT Tailpiece

TUNERS - Grover

INLAY - Block

PICKUPS - PAF-Vintage MK4?2

CONTROLS - 2V.,2T., 3way Toggle SW

COLOUR White With Gold Hardware

I've downloaded the newest Tokai catalogue and I can't find an exact match for those stats, although I think I can hopefully say it's a LS or LC series because of the mahogany.
Any info, input, advice, estimated value etc would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks.

Don't know why the **** link didn't work, sorry. If it's easier the eBay search term is

TOKAI LES PAUL GUITAR WITH HARD CASE

and it's in Australia

The serial number looks too short to me. Can someone more knowledgeable confirm?

That printed serial is usually an indicator of the Chinese built guitars, but I believe they're supposed to start with a letter or two.

You mean there might be such a thing as a fake fake Les Paul? What a crazy world.
I didn't realise at first but according to wikipedia Tokai uses 7 digit SNs, this one is only 6. Seems strange now that you've mentioned it.
Thanks for the reply, anyone else have SN info?

keir said:
You mean there might be such a thing as a fake fake Les Paul? What a crazy world.

A Tokai Love Rock isn't a fake anything. If it was a fake, it would say Gibson Les Paul on the headstock, & it would be a deliberate attempt to con people into believing it was something it isn't. Tokai don't do that.

But yes, there are people out there selling fake Tokais. And even if it's a genuine Tokai, it could be made in Japan, Korea or China.

Mike

Tokais aren't fake! They're a homage! ;)

Yup, plenty of fake Tokai copies out there, with their creation often instigated by western companies, sadly.

stratman323 said:
A Tokai Love Rock isn't a fake anything.

AlanN said:
Tokais aren't fake! They're a homage! ;)

I know, I know - Tokais are great. I just like the idea of a fake of a copy, makes me chuckle.

Anyway, it seems like I should steer well clear. Thanks a lot for the help.

P.S. In case anyone's interested I'm going to a couple of shops tomorrow to test out, amongst other things, a new LG85F, a new SG75, what I think are 70s or 80s Silver Stars.

http://www.conceptmusic.com.au/showProduct/Electric+Guitars/Electric+Guitars/7567/Tokai+LS85F+++Made+in+Japan

http://www.therockinn.com/manufacturer.cfm?Cat_ID=3&Man_ID=74

Nah...s'ok Mick...I think i'll pass on a bolt-on LP..gave those up in the days of the old Ibanez '59ers back in the '70's 8)

Back