help identifying this tokai... please.... :P

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyrd

Reaction score
Hi everybody, i'm new here

well, i've just bought this tokai stratocaster, but i'm not sure what i've bought.

i believe someone in this forum has already help me identifying this guitar (someone a friend of mina knows)

but now i have full details:

21 frets
rosewood fingerboard
017895 serial number on neck plate
1984 script logo style on headstock as tokairegistry, also:
-goldstar sound
-the quality musical instruments of the world
-oldies but goldies

natural finish
maple neck without any truss rod line in the back
100% fender style headstock
vintage bridge saddles with inscriptions: "FINAL prospec"
vintage style tuning keys (vertical hole)
C shaped neck

i hope this is the right place to post this.

you can see some pictures here:
http://es.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ttyyr...order=&.view=t&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/

THANKS A LOT!

Hi tyrd, this is a tough one, all Goldstars I've seen with a rosewood fingerboard has the serial number beginning with an "L" corresponding to the Fender 60's strats (the TST-80 being a 1960 replica should have a serial without the "L" but the number should be between 40000 and 50000. I have never seen one of those so I'm not 100% sure).

It could be a TST-50 model or higher (TST-60 or 80) but I've never seen one with a natural ash body (it looks beautiful by the way). There were ash bodied/natural strats available in the early 80's but they had the spaghetti logo (7okai) and are Springy Sounds. Could the body have been replaced? Are there any markings on the body under the pickguard? Is the tremolo sustain block made of steel or is it cast? Does the tuners have the text "DELUXE" on them?

Mike

i have disassembled it today
i found this under the bridge pickup, in the wood: "6-11"
i found the same in the back of the neck neck, beside the trussrod hole

that reminds me i forgot to say the trussrod is not in the headstock :wink: it's hidden in the back.

well, i suppose that means the body has not been replaced.

the pickup selector has this: "YM-50"
and the volume and tone knobs are "made in japan" with their values below

someone could have printed it... but i don't think so

more things.

it has a humbucker routing under the bridge pickup, despite it has a single one.

somehow i didn't notice it before.

Latest posts

Back