Greco firebird on ebay...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruno

Reaction score
Some time ago I lost the fb-980 that 20th century boy was selling... I loved that guitar, recently I found this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Greco-Fujigen-FB-980-Old-Fire-bird_W0QQitemZ300538324703QQcategoryZ33040QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7985694911054454370

However there is something I don't understand, the body contour, I've never seen a fb-980 with this feature... is it original?

cheers

hmm, i've never seen a greco logo like this, and the headstock also is wierd, also there is something wrong with the plate?, and that cut-in on the back, and the last there is no serial number.

or maybe im wrong :)

All in all it looks okay to me.
Here's a Gibson:

http://www.myguitarguide.com/wp-content/gallery/gibson-electric-guitars/gibson-firebird-5.jpg

The Greco trapeze tailpiece is uncommon. There is no fret marker on the first fret like the Gibson. That's not a cut on the back.... it's the edge of the center panel of the body (if I recall, these are body through necks)

Hi,

I've seen several other fb-980 (including the one sold by 20th century boy), none had the body route in the back (waist line carve, not the neck through carve, also the grecos aren't really neck through, but that is a different story).

Also I've never seen this greco logo lettering.

I didn't noticed either the first few times I looked at the guitar... but the greco logo is what is puzzling me. I don't doubt the guitar is original, but I can't say that I've ever seen that greco logo.

Its a pre-77 logo.
No serial an with the "Gneco" logo indicates that it is made before -77.
No neck through and strange cut.
Well, it might be a good guitar anyways.

Latest posts

Back