Greco EG800? Or not.........

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozgrecofanatic

Reaction score
Guys...

A lovely Greco 3 pickup custom from 1981. Is this an EG800? Looks more like a 600 to me as I think I read somewhere that the 800 were Super Sounds and had the "waffleback" tuners and black pickup surrounds. Probably should have PU-2 pickups as well. Is this correct?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MIJ-GRECO-EG800P-PETER-FRAMPTON-MODEL-81s-VERY-RARE-/250665231477?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item3a5ccfe475

You are right. This is an early 1981 EG600PB.
Super Powers are up to EG600 and Super Sounds up to EG800.
There's more information that isn't right:
EG600 have U-1000 and EG800PB have U-2000. he says U-2000 but doesn't show a pic of the backside of the pups.
Also it's clearly visible that it's at least a 2 pieces back and not one piece like he says.
I don't know what lacquer finish means but be assured it's poly.

Very nice guitar though, also has FEB. I own a EG500B Custom; really fat neck and is an excellent player. Keep in mind it's a custom with a maple top, not mahoganey.

Thanks for the reply. I've bid on it so I'll see how it goes. It looks to be in very good condition. Can't beat a black Custom for that Rock'n'Roll look! :wink:

Dave

Latest posts

Back