• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Tokai ST80 (1980)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mono

Reaction score
Ok, I only just got this but all it has confirmed is that I am 100% not a strat person. Give me a tele or a Les Paul any day, but I just can't get on with the shape or sound... which is a real shame because this guitar needs to be loved!

Fresh off the plane from Japan, this guitar has been played... hard. It is finished in nitro and this has accumulated some knocks and genuine player wear/mojo over the years. 1980 serial number, rosewood veneer fretboard, body and neck codes confirm it as a genuine flagship model Tokai ST-80 Spring Sound. Headstock logo has worn faint but is still easily recognisable. Weight is a mere 3.1kg. 2 piece centre-seamed ash body and 2 springs in the cavity (have ordered more as the bridge is pulled forward with only 2). Frets are quite low but have recently been crowned and levelled. Big soft-V shape neck. Everything original except for volume knob. E-stamped pickups for vintage strat tones.

Not too sure on price, serious buyers welcome to send reasonable offers via PM (if that's allowed). She just needs a new home where she will be played :)

Info and thread here:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21606

to answer a question or 2

stock frets are flat on these st80s and my te85
the frets on this one are very flat but don't have drastic canyons... no buzz and plays with decent action. i don't feel that it needs a refret.

Back