• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale: Tokai SG Special in TV White - very rare!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinfan

Reaction score
A regretable sale, but I need some more cash to help feed my PRS GAS. Up for grabs is my 2004 Tokai SG Special in TV White. I bought it about 9 months ago and it was brand new, so it must have been New Old Stock. Spec is as follows:

Mahogany body and neck
Two P90 pickups
Wilkinson (locking and adjustable) wrapover bridge
TV White finish
Full neck, like a Les Paul, with a rounded profile

The bridge was upgraded as the original did not intontate properly (it was calibrated for a wound third string for some reason). The original compensated wrapover will be provided with the guitar.

The pickups have been upgraded from the original Gotoh's to a set of Bulldog Pickups. They are Alnico IV scatterwound P90s and a substantial upgrade from the Gotohs. They are of a very high quality and give a proper boutique tone.

The guitar is in truly excellent condition, having only had light home use. No dings/chips/scuffs, just some light swirling on the pickguard. It comes with a gig bag and has recently had a full pro setup with 10s.

Pricing is really hard for this model as they're so uncommon, but I think ?475 is a fair price. It's certainly a lot less than I paid for the guitar without the new pickups and bridge.

I'd prefer cash on collection as I don't have a hard case to send it in. I'm in Manchester but I can meet somewhere if we can work something out. I can also deliver it for petrol costs if you're fairly local.

Drop me a PM if you're interested!

DSC02819Small.jpg

DSC02820Small.jpg

DSC02822Small.jpg

Love it!!! If I didn't have my TV yellow version of it, I'd buy it. For anyone sitting on the fence, snap it but because these are pretty hard to find and they're great guitars. P90's in an SG are a real treat to play.

Hi all, as far as i know they only use honduras on the high end sg 155-175 model, if its a sg-p90 it will be just normal mahogany they use in all their other models

Mick

Hi,

Can you wait a few months... ? I'm very interested but I'm afraid I don't have the cash right now... :(

greetings,
Emiel

Marcus' ones are correct and original.
On settebellos one should have mounted the same.
Err, .. I'd claim it and would give back to the seller for refund. :wink:

togps said:
Marcus' ones are correct and original.
On settebellos one should have mounted the same.
Err, .. I'd claim it and would give back to the seller for refund. :wink:

Yes...Like Gottfried said, I bought mine brand new and it was still factory wrapped. Tuners (three on a tree) are as it came.

It also came with that little hole in the finish on the back. Looks like a nail hole.

Back