• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: Anyone for a 1960/61 PreCBS Stratocaster Project?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishbonz

Reaction score
Located in the UK
I have a genuine 1/61 Stratocaster body with an old relic Olympic White refinish and a 9/60 Slab board Jazzmaster neck (see note) in the original finish, board is worn but was refretted a couple of years ago with Gibson frets, it plays and feels wonderful. These two have lived together for a few years now making a great 50 year old vintage Fender 'player', the neck to body joint is 'tight' as it should be.
Note: Jazzmaster and Stratocaster necks are THE SAME, just different headstocks. Jazzmasters have a little bigger headstock, and of coarse the decal different (from Eddie Vegas, Vintage Fender expert and dealer). Re-profiling the lower edge will give you the identical item, if you so desire - a bare '61 Stratocaster neck would set you back much more than I'm asking for the 'lot'!

Option 1 - ?2,800
The parts that are included along with the bare body and neck are:
The original tuners/ferruls and screws
Original string 'tree'
Original strap buttons
Complete original bridge assembly and trem block
Neckplate and screws (I cannot be 100% on the originality as I can't remember where they came from)

Option 2 - ?2,500
Basically as currently set-up and ready to go, with Fender gold hardware (except tuners which are good repros), Fender gold anodised guard, Dimarzios etc. but EXCLUDING the original vintage tuners, bridge assembly, string tree and strap buttons.

I thought I'd give anyone here a shot before it goes out in the Bay - any questions please pm me.

http://s936.photobucket.com/albums/ad204/badknees2/6061 Stratocaster/

Back