CE1200 With R. Yamauchi Signed Label

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ´76 CE1000 solid woods have the same label. I will take it for a pics session when rain was over....
Did you know original case was similar to old Martin ones with green lining? I love that case.
Just remember Tokai was Martin distributor ar a time (Kurosawa Gakki was the other) and had storngs ties toguether.

Peter Mc stated Tokai helped Martin after a factory fire (70s) providing guitars. I am not 100% sure about this but it could reasonable.

My ´76 CE1000 solid woods have the same label. I will take it for a pics session when rain was over....
Did you know original case was similar to old Martin ones with green lining? I love that case.
Just remember Tokai was Martin distributor ar a time (Kurosawa Gakki was the other) and had storngs ties toguether.

Peter Mc stated Tokai helped Martin after a factory fire (70s) providing guitars. I am not 100% sure about this but it could reasonable.

Did you see the catalog I translated?

1980s - 1980 Cat's Eyes Acoustic Catalog Vol. 3

CF Martin & TOKAI

Martin's repair room is located in one corner of the Cat's Eye factory. Tokai Musical Instruments is the sole distributor and sole service center for Martin guitars in Japan, and repairs everything from frets to paint using genuine Martin parts. It goes without saying that the craftsman's repair techniques have been passed down directly from Martin and are also used in the Cat's Eye guitar. When purchasing a Martin guitar, you can always rest assured. Tokai Musical Instruments user card is not included. Does the guitar have a Tokai Musical Instruments warranty card? Please be sure to check whether it is true or not. Repair in case of emergency We do not accept repairs on Martin guitars.

Martin's history is also Tokai's history. Martin's craftsmanship has been inherited by the Cat's Eye Project team, and traditional methods continue to flow into Cat's Eye guitars. Let's introduce Martin Corporation here. CF Martin & Company. Founded in September 1833. New York. The founder, Christian Frederick Martin, was an immigrant from Germany. He learned the technique from his father, a guitar maker in Germany, and then moved to Vienna. It is said that in Vienna, Hubert (19 years old at the time) fell in love with the guitar and mastered it in a short period of time, playing the guitar whenever a song came to mind. Schubert was close to the famous luthier Stauffer, who made Schubert's Arpeggione for cello and guitar. Schubert then composes the Arpeggione Sonata. This is a song that is loved by modern cellists. He honed his skills under Marutaufer and became the factory manager. Martin Guitar's traditional methods of craftsmanship were practiced long before the company was founded in 1833. It was in May 1839 that the Martin Company was moved from New York to Nazareth, Pennsylvania. This place is very famous as CF Martin's hometown. He thought that the area was similar, that Henry Schatz, a guitar craftsman who also came from Germany, lived there, and that the rich, green environment was most suitable for making guitars. Nazareth is about a three-hour drive from New York and is still an extremely beautiful place with small hills and lots of greenery nearby. Many of the people in this town work at the Martin factory, so much so that it is also known as Martin Guitar Town. These people take pride in working in the same workplace for generations. These are the people who support the tradition of Martin's simple in-guitar design and wonderful sound. If you take a tour of the factory, you can see the thoroughly dried Martin bodies being carefully inspected on the workbench with all their attention, making sure not to overlook even the slightest scratches or cracks. According to the company, this is our craftsmanship. He also said that he has full trust in Tokai Gakki as a company that is responsible for all after-sales services and repairs for Martin guitars, and that he would like to continue researching together with us how we can make even better guitars. .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back