Burny or not?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loneleigh

Reaction score
I got this guitar in 1987 for my birthday. My parents told me they got it at a pawn shop in Hollywood Ca. All this time I thought it was new. The serial on it is #8 1403. There is no name on the head. The tailpiece says "LP-S -made in japan" and the volume pots are stamped 504042. I personally put the seymor duncans in around 1989, replaced the tune-o-matic bridge, put new head screws in, and most recently the round rhythm/treble plate. And I also did the crappy soldering job on it and burning my initials into the "bell" plate. (Hey I was a kid) There are no stamps in the pup cavities.

Can anyone tell me what they believe it is? I think it "might" be a FLG series from 1978.

Dsc04839_1.jpg

Dsc04843_1.jpg

Dsc04842_1.jpg

Dsc04845_1.jpg

Dsc04844_1.jpg

Dsc04847_1.jpg

Dsc04851_1.jpg

Dsc04855_1.jpg

Dsc04854_1.jpg

You sure you didn't get it in maybe 88'? The reason I ask is Burny's were made by Tokai at that time, in 78' and that kinda looks like a later Burny. You could get some model paint thinner and remove the paint on the front of the headstock?

Hey i actually did. I took some turpentine to my headstock and took off some of the paint on the headstock. This is what I see now. Does anyone recognize the writing/logo?

Dsc04868_1.jpg

The guitar that confirmed the quality of MIJ LPs for me was exactly like this - a Burny LP with the headstock painted over blank. It was a wailing LP. Sadly, when the owner removed the paint and found the Burny logo underneath, he was disappointed.

Such a shame. I wish I'd bought it from him back then.

Latest posts

Back