1984 Tokai Goldstar Sound ST-70 MRR

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

praga37

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought this near pristine condition Goldstar SOund ST-70 MRR on ebay. First thing I noticed upon opening the case is that the guitar's sticker behind the neck is stamped with the number 50, so I figure the guitar is a ST-50, right? And what does MRR stand for???

By the way, that thing is dead mint, aside from a tiny nick on the fretboard. A real time machine really...

1984%20Tokai%20Goldstar%20Sound

Congrats, nice ST-50!
MRR means metallic red rosewood board. As it doesn't have a rosewood board, it's just MR. And an ST-50, not ST-70 obviously.

Welcome

You bought the guitar we were raving about in this thread:

http://tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21948&sid=0354cfb01a8e102b358ca59c2aba3e86

We also found it a bit funny that the seller used a 1982 Springy Sound catalogue in this listing to specify what Goldstar model he was selling.

Sure, I paid a little on the steep side for the instrument, especially since it is a ST-50 instead of a ST-70... As a matter of fact, I was to open a dispute about the whole affair but then I said to myself, what the hell... I might as well keep it....

I mean, the condition more than justifies the price paid... A 30 year-old guitar in this condition doesn't pop in everyday... Unbelievable! Also, I got myself a real piece of guitar history for $800US, and all the while I might as well have ended up with an American Fender Strat for the same price so, no complain anymore... lol

Back