1983 TST 50/60

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATO

Reaction score
83 TST with fanatics logo. Nice looking neck. Serial is 14635.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20450040...6dyJ3hoSoe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
T3tc59f.png
QHad6UU.png
jLxEqAr.png
COcHJIs.png

Let me know if you ever see a script logo Springy. That would be wild.

Let me know if you ever see a script logo Springy. That would be wild.
Have you ever heard of one? It could be argued that my 100 is one, it's a script with the remnants of a the springy decal!

No, but what I am thinking happened is that the block logo decal was hastily switched for the UK market as a direct result of the court action in the summer of 1982. You documented that early one. I have heard of August as the earliest they were seen in stores in the UK. That is my memory. Could be off.

Simultaneously, I think other guitars with the spag logo were held up and possibly sent back to be re-labeled. As you know, some spaghetti logo guitars were switched to script then sold.

Re-Badged Or Re-Labeled Tokais

I am thinking it is possible with the 3 piece logo that some script logos were made for markets outside the UK before December 1982 when that one 3 piece script logo Goldstar was made. So possibly October/November?

Just fishing. But wanted to keep an eye out so we don't miss it if one actually does exist and surfaces.

Last edited:
One more thing I just spotted that is odd...

Those 38 specials from 1982 have the slogan that does not appear on Goldstars until mid 1983 "The Quality Miusical Instruments of the World".

Talk about having a lot of balls in the air...

8737-267cc26526b93d471be927369a3dcc1a.jpg8738-96766ac179c3b0ed374fd010101b6b64.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back