1970s 1978 ST Series Flyer (Japan)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
Exact Replica of the Original Strat.
TOKAI ELECTRIC GUITAR ST SERIES.

The Tokai Electric Guitar ST series is a series that spans from professional musicians to the original Stratocaster. In particular, the V-shaped neck of the maple dress, which fits comfortably in the hand and does not feel sticky, the authentic model also has the Kluson type (Al), and the pickup bridge that has the original and powerful sound. I have a slit. The unit panel uses a single white plate and is fixed with 8 screws, which is the original design.It is designed so that long sustain can be obtained even if the screws are not attached to the body as much as possible. . Of course, the 3-tone control that makes it easy to create halftones, the sharp head one-point string guide, the one-piece body and its shape, all of which made me think, "If only I had a time machine."

Scan.jpeg

Middle section on the back:

■The Tokai ST series in YS (Yellow Sunburst) and OW (Olympic White) and the four colors below.

ST-100 100,000 yen (BL, N )
ST-80/80,000 yen (BL, N, GS)
ST-60/60,000 yen (YS. OW, N BB)
ST-50/50,000 yen (YS, OW, N, BB)
ST-42/42,000 yen (OW, YS BB).

Scan 1.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like the neck on the first image is sitting a lot higher in the pocket than usual, this is (almost, maybe not that extreme) how early (S/N 100-ish) '54 Stratocasters actually look like (or should look like, not all of them seem to do, twink, twink, nudge, nudge - that's also why the earliest Strats don't have the "wormhole" underneath the bridge PU, they didn't need it).

Alas most images don't show the guitars from an angle that makes it obvious if that's the case on e.g. early '78 Springys too?

Back